Monday, July 11, 2016

Rut or Obsession

What do all of these pieces have in common? I suppose I need to give you a bit of a background story first. Back in 2011 Kerrie Slade purchased 1700 grams of same color seed beads with the intent to use only them for an entire year. I thought at first this was a crazy idea but when I saw the color I was instantly hooked.



Toho 176b is what she purchased. They are a trans rainbow grey but let me tell you they are pure joy to me. She only used them when creating her pieces and they are stunning creations. These are just some of my favorites.



What I found is that while they are stunning on their own they make the perfect accent bead as well. I have paired them with and other greys to make pieces like this.




I have paired them with a blues and they really bring out the colors.






I can pair them with darker beads and they add that pop of color.





And when I am in a rut and have no inspiration I pull them out and then this happens.




I have also found that the whole line of Toho 176 which includes matte and transparent that makes a truly stunning piece like this.




I have also found when I am shopping for beads I am drawn to any bead that would pair with these beauties. So would you call it a rut or obsession? Do you have a favorite bead color one you just gravitate towards? Tell me about it.


4 comments :

  1. Doesn't sound like a rut at all! Sounds like a go-to bead that is very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great idea to me. It saves time looking for the beads and saves storage space. No, need to have a zillion beads to dig through. It also gives you a continuity to your style.

    My favorite bead color tends to be aqua since I do a lot of beach designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collections, both your's and Kerrie Slades. Amazing how one little seed bead can be such an influence to creating.

    myfoundobjects.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think its a rut, its a fantastic idea, especially since a lot of Artist/designers have a favorite colors to design with. Thank you for sharing the gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.